Friday, October 16, 2009

Rainy Days and Radios


This is what I wore today while going grocery shopping, vintage hunting and making a trip the post office, to mail some very special dresses. It's been rainy and cold here, but I don't mind. I get to wear my rain boots after all! This post is also the debut of one of my favorite pieces of furniture ever! My 1940s radio/record player that I bought for only $20! The record player doesn't work so I still use my new vintage style one. The radio still lights up though! The rest of the day I plan on taking some pictures for my shop. Then later Jonny and I are going to going to eat pizza and watch Pearl Harbor. He's never seen it! If you haven't the 40s dresses are fabulous! Have a lovely weekend!

Jacket: 40s junior, I found it in a pile on the floor at an antique shop in Maine for $8
Sailor skirt: church shop for $1, you can't see the entire wonderfulness of it in these pictures
Boots: Macys, years and years ago

22 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks for the positive feedback! I am in love with that radio...and what a score!! I want to get one when I have a place of my own to call home. I really like that its a cabinet type rather than a regular large radio. Maybe you could get it fixed to make it work??

Emily

Corinna said...

that jacket looks lovely!

DalenaVintage said...

I'm loving the tones in these photos! Well done and it makes your red lipstick really stand out.

Aoife said...

I love Pearl Harbour, indeed the dresses are fabulous. But it's soo sad.
x
www.heartshavemadeahome.blogspot.com
Just getting started so would appreciate some feedback.

Anonymous said...

That jacket is to die for! What a lucky find! Also, your radio is just splendid :)

Myy said...

You look lovely! I love your jacket!
x

Kelley Anne said...

Oh I love your hat and jacket! (and completely understand about getting excited for reasons to wear rain boots:) I keep seeing an old radio in the window of a nearby antique shop. Its not nearly as large or fabulous, but always tempts me. I hope you have a wonderful night!

Dizzy Dame said...

love the floor radio,cute pic.

Evangeline said...

I love that radio! Its superb! You look lovely as well, I need a good pair of rain boots...

xoxo

Crystal Ball said...

I've been meaning to purchase some rain boots. Yours are lovely and that radio you purchased for 20 dollars is quite the steal!

Amy P. said...

What cool 40s radio/record player! I am in love with your jacket! The collar is just amazing.

Maria Confer said...

Adore your outfit. That hat looks so cute on you.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Brigitte said...

beautiful! dont you love vintage shopping?

Emily Cato said...

This picture reminds me of the 50's and I absolutely love how you pull off that look so well!
:-)

avintagespirit (Lizzy) said...

What an adorable outfit, and I can't believe that your wonderful skirt and jacket cost so little!
I just love looking at the costumes in Pearl Harbor too, so great!

Catherine Shu said...

What an amazing outfit! I really adore the jacket's lines and details and the robin egg's blue of your skirt really brings out the tweed.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, will advice soon in my blog!!!!!

Nicole said...

The corner of your house, you've taken your picture in is step up super cute. It's the perfect setting for your outfit.

Josephine Frances said...

Cute! Gumboots are the best!!

Emily, Resplendent Tranquility said...

Oh my, your 40s radio/record player is fantastic! And only $20? Wow :)

Your skirt is such a pretty shade of blue.

esme and the laneway said...

Gorgeous! And what a scare with the 40s record player + radio! Pearl Harbour sounds good for the dresses, and that's enough reason for me to watch a film! :D

Poke Salad Annie said...

fabulous outfit! you look positively adorable.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...