Friday, June 11, 2010

My Nanny, Part 1

Nanny is on the left in this picture and the one below!

Here are the first of the pictures I want to share with you of my Nanny! There are so many that I'm going to be posting them in parts. I'll start with part one, which is pictures starting from the mid 1930's up to the early 1940's. My Nanny's name was Barbara Tucker. She was a freckled face redhead with the cutest laugh I've ever heard!


A high school pic!





Nanny is second from the left here!

I found all of these pictures in an album from when Nanny was a teenager. She had written the cutest little phrases under each photo! Next I'll be sharing more photos from that album, which I think might be some of my favorites! I hope you enjoy this little series I'll be doing!

PS: Thank you all so much for the sweet comments on my last two posts! Some of you asked were I got my bathing suit. Silly me forgot to post it, sorry! It's vintage from the 1950's and I bought it from the lovely shop 1385 on Etsy.

21 comments:

MarieBayArea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MarieBayArea said...

your nanny is so pretty! i love old family photos. thanks for sharing yours.

June 11, 2010

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

She's adorable!!!!!!!!! and sportsy for that time too! That's awesome. Is your nanny related to any NJ folk because I know some Tuckers and they look similar! but I know that is a common last name too. oh well. I love these shots.

hannah, heart city said...

i just love the hair do's!! these photos are so cool!

Carys said...

These photos are absolutely beautiful!! I find that photos of real people are so much more a part of history than styled photos in magazines, they tell us so much about what life was actually like back then!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Lexie said...

my nanny's name is barbara watson!

your nanny is gorrrrgeous! these pictures are so wonderful.

reckless daughter said...

this make me want to go through my grandparents photos!

PS: I call my grandfather "Papa" just like you ;)

Anonymous said...

she is so lovely! A real kate hepburn!

Miss Tami Lee said...

Her hair is fabulous! I love looking at old family photographs for inspiration :)

Rebeccak said...

Your nan is simply gorgeous! I love that little shorts and shirt outfit :)

muchlove said...

I love theses photos, especially the candid ones. She's GORGEOUS!

Tilly said...

Aww... these photos are adorable and your nanny is so pretty! You're very lucky to have such treasures.

Casey Maura said...

These are so fantastic!!! I just adore the one of her from highschool--her freckles are too cute! What an amazing treasure to have... Thank you so much for sharing these--I can't wait to see more! :)

♥ Casey
blog | elegantmusings.com

Leire said...

Wow! She's the sweetest! The pics are fun and inspirational too! Thanks a lot for sharing :)

Jessica said...

These photos are so wonderful! You Nanny is so pretty! I can't wait to see the rest of them. Thanks for sharing!

Helen said...

I love old photos! Her hair is great.

Cindy said...

Aw, your nanny is the cutest! Just look at her smile... and those freckles. What a doll! Thank you for sharing her photos with us. :)

xoxo,
Cindy

Cynthia said...

Wow! She's so cute! And she has a wonderful smile. I want to see more pics :D

Fabiola "Fab" said...

Isn't awesome to be able to go back and see your nanny as a yound girl. Photos are precious!!!

Maria Casteel said...

oh, the high school picture is just heavenly. her smile looks so genuine that you can tell how kind she is.

Rebecca said...

Oh these are amazing. I just love old family photos. Tour Nanny looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...