Monday, October 31, 2011

My Dream Trench Coat


This past weekend I finally got the trench coat of my dreams! Seriously, I've been looking for the perfect trench since I was 12! Anyway, a couple months ago I saw this one hanging in the window at Anthropologie. I loved it right away, but couldn't bring myself to go in and try it on because I knew it was expensive. Almost everyday I had to drive by that window to get where ever I was going. It even got to the point that the lady I work with would say, there's your trench Quincy, lol! This past Saturday Jonny asked if I'd like to go look around at Anthropologie. (I have a cute hubby) He knows I like to wander there for inspiration. I headed back to the sale section and guess what was there? My trench coat, on sale, in my size and it was the last one left! How could I leave without it!? As far as I'm concerned it was meant to be. I don't think I'll ever take this coat off.






Trenchcoat, Anthropologie
1930's dress peaking out from underneath
Flats, from Anthro years ago!

So, that's the story of my dream trench coat. Slightly silly, but it's true.
Also, Happy Halloween! I'm not dressing up this year, but in my new coat I kinda feel like a modern day Audrey Hepburn.. and who wouldn't want that!? xo

23 comments:

PuppyLovePrincess said...

what a pretty trench. apparently, it was your destiny!

Blanka said...

Lovely trench coat.

Such trench coats always remind me of Audrey Hepburn, and you look a bit like her;)

Senada Toromanović said...

Love your coat. It's amazing!
http://pippyohara.blogspot.com/

Ally said...

The trench is beeautiful! Love the navy blue rim detail... Very chic and love it with the sunglasses too!

xx, Ally

pinsandroses.blogspot.com

Emma Litton said...

I got this exact same coat when it was on sale, and I adore it! It looks lovely on you!

xo,
Em

Laurie said...

I'm thinking it was meant to be! Enjoy your adorable trench coat.

Siel said...

Adorable coat! I can see why you loved it so much :)
Can I say I love your hair and sunglasses too? You really look gorgeous!

Sydney B. said...

Very cute! Some things are meant to be and worth the wait!

~Syd

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful story! Clearly you and this coat were destined for each other, and you both knew it!
You look beautiful!

sarah said...

Beautiful trench! It looks so cute on you!

Anonymous said...

I'm also in love with your coat. I've never been to an Anthropologie. Did you know that Giada De Laurentiis' husband is a designer for them? Or something?

Mabel
Mabel Time

Clara Turbay said...

I like how you look.
http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.comrepsiar

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

it's lovely, quincy! and it fits you like a glove. congrats on finding your dream trench!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, love when great bargains happen to fashionable people :-) Also, those shades are cool, where are they from (pardon if it is listed in the blog, couldn't find it!!

Cakes
http://www.cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

the Salamander said...

It was made for you!

the Salamander
http://thelifeofasalamander.blogspot.com/

strawberry moth said...

You make the perfect Audrey! I just love that trench, thank heaven for fall weather!

Missing you!

xo, Strawberry Moth

Magar said...

That coat looks like it was made for you!

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

What a dreamy trench, and an equally wonderful story! <3 I love it when my favourite outfits end up being on sale!

x
Lost in the Haze

House of Milk said...

Such a cute story! I love it when destiny hooks it up! That is definitely the perfect trench. Congrats!

Zoë Winters said...

And it suits you so well! :)

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

awww yey for trench of your dreams being yours now.

Rebecca and Lori said...

Congratulations on finding your perfect trench! I feel the exact same way- that I've been looking forever. My search continues, but I'm glad that yours has ended! Tres chic, and tres cute.

Romy A said...

absolutely stunning!!! Did anyone tell you that you look like Winona Ryder? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...